Charts will allow you to represent your data visually to explain and compare statistics. This article will show you how...
TOP TIP: Check out our blog post on adding and creating charts here.
Step 1. Add a chart and select the chart type
- To add a chart to your scribe click the Add New Chart icon (A) in the bottom right of the screen.
- There are 3 types of chart to choose from; line, pie and bar. You can change the chart type by selecting either Bar, Pie or Line from the dropdown menu (B).
- The chart can be displayed in colour or as plain outlines by checking or unchecking the colour checkbox (C).
Step 2. Type in your labels and data values
- For each chart type you need to specify some Labels (D) and some data values (E).
- If you specify 4 labels, you should also specify 4 data values. Labels and data values must be separated by commas.
Step 3. Choose the label font
- The default font is ‘Basic’ and you can change this using the dropdown menu (F).
Step 4. Choose the label location
- You can choose the label location to be inside or outside the chart (G).
When the label location is chosen to be inside the chart.
- For bar charts the labels will be inside the bars (H).
- For pie charts the labels will be inside each segment (I).
- For line charts the labels will be next to the line points (J).
When the label location is chosen to be outside the chart.
- For bar charts the labels will be below the bars (K).
- For pie charts the labels will be outside the corresponding segment (L).
- For line charts the label will be below the horizontal axis (the bottom line) (M).
Step 5. Choose the border thickness of the chart and save
- Use the plus and minus icons (O) to increase and decrease the width of the chart borders.
- For bar charts this will affect the thickness of the lines around the bars.
- For pie charts this will affect the thickness of the outer circle and dividing lines.
- For line charts this will affect the thickness of the horizontal and vertical axes (the bottom and side lines).
- When you have finished click the tick (P) to save your chart and view it on the canvas.
Step 6. Editing a chart
- If you need to change the chart you can do so in the chart’s properties.
- Open the chart’s properties by double clicking it on the canvas, or by double clicking it’s thumbnail in the timeline, or by clicking the properties icon on it’s thumbnail (Q).
- The properties can be edited (including changing the chart type) by choosing the ‘Edit Chart’ tab (R).
- When you have finished editing, click the tick icon (S) to confirm.