Learn how to install or upgrade your version of VideoScribe on a Mac computer.
These instructions will help you install VideoScribe for the first time on your Mac computer, and can also be used if you need to upgrade your version of VideoScribe.
- Go to your account page and log in using the details you signed up with. After you've logged in, click the download button (A).
- Select the Download for Mac OS X button (B).
Note: By default, most browsers will save the install file to your ‘Downloads’ folder.
- Go to your Downloads folder and double-click on the VideoScribe.dmg file (C).
If you get an error when double clicking on the .dmg file, you need to Ctrl click on it instead and select ‘Open’ from the menu (D). See the article 'Unidentified developer' message when installing VideoScribe on a Mac for more help.
- Drag and drop the VideoScribe icon (E) onto the Applications folder (F).
- VideoScribe is now installed and you can access it by double clicking on the Applications folder (F) shortcut icon.
- Your applications will be listed alphabetically and VideoScribe will therefore be listed near the bottom (G).
If you're upgrading VideoScribe from an earlier version, just replace the existing application with the latest version of the app in your Applications folder. This will not affect any of your saved projects.
- Click and hold on the VideoScribe icon in the dock, when you’ve opened the application, and select ‘Options’ -> ‘Keep in dock’ so it’s easier to find later.
- If you have any problems installing, please see our troubleshooting or minimum system requirements for VideoScribe desktop help articles.