Our range of pre-designed templates makes it quick and easy to create a personalized and engaging video. No design skills needed!
TIP: Check out our blog post on creating your own video templates here
1. Open your template
- Browse the "Template Scribes" folder (A) in your VideoScribe project screen and click on a template to open it.
- Click the ‘Play From Start’ icon (B) to preview your scribe at any time and the ‘Save or Export’ icon (C) to save it and give it a new name too.
2. Change the text to your own
- You can replace any of the text with your own. Just select it in the timeline and click the ‘Element Properties’ icon (D).
- Go to the ‘Edit Text’ tab (E), delete the default text and type your message. It’s easy to edit the colour and font by using the colour change square (F) and the font dropdown menu (G).
- You can even import more fonts by clicking the ‘Manage Fonts’ button (H).
3. Switch out the images for your own
- To personalise the images, simply select the image that you want to change and click the ‘Element Properties’ icon in the timeline, or double click on the image on the canvas.
- Go to the ‘Select Image’ tab (I) and browse the huge built-in image library by scrolling through the folders or by typing a keyword into the search bar (J) and pressing your enter key.
- Simply click on an image and it will be added to your canvas, replacing the default image.
- You can also import your own images using the import icons (K). This means that it’s really easy to add your own logo in place of the marker.
4. Move and rearrange elements
- As you adjust the text and images, the layout may be disrupted or get messy. Don’t worry, you can re-position images and text by dragging them on the canvas. Or you can select an element and use the arrow keys to move it.
- You’ll find that some elements and background images are locked in place so that they don’t get moved by accident. You can easily lock and unlock elements with the ‘Lock/Unlock’ icon (L) in the 'Timeline Quick Menu'.
- You can also resize any image or text element by selecting it on the canvas and dragging the handles in the corners (M).
- You can always copy and paste elements, like extra bullet points, or delete ones that you don’t need with the ‘Delete Element’ icon (N) in the timeline.
5. Customize colors
- You can edit the colors of the background, text and images to put your own style and personality into your Scribe. You could even use your own brand colour palette by entering the hexadecimal color codes.
- To change the background color and texture, open ‘Background Options’ (O) from the toolbar.
- Simply select the texture thumbnail (P) and click the colour change square (Q) to pick your color.
- You can edit the color of any text element by going to the ‘Edit Text’ tab of its ‘Element Properties’, just like when we edited the message.
- You can also edit the colors of images in ‘Element Properties’. In the ‘Drawing Options’ tab (R), you can change the Color Effect using the drop-down menu (S) and choose the colours by clicking the color change squares (T).
6. Change the hand
- A big part of VideoScribe animations is the hand that draws your Scribe and brings it to life. Scribes can be animated with a variety of different hands and pens, or even with no hand at all.
- To change the hand for your Scribe, click the ‘Default Scribe Hand’ button (U) in the toolbar and browse our hands library to find the right one for your scribe.
7. Create your voiceover
- Your voiceover is a great way to really bring your story into your Scribe. If you time it well with the visuals, it can create a highly engaging and memorable impact. Of course, you don’t have to add a voiceover if it isn’t what’s right for your Scribe.
- Once you’ve got your script ready, click the ‘Voiceover’ (V) button in your toolbar. Here, you can delete (W) the default voiceover and record your own voiceover directly into your Scribe or use the import options (X) to import one that you already created.
8. Add some music
- Alongside your voiceover, you can add music to enhance the visuals of your Scribe. These two audio elements are great tools for engaging your audience and expressing your message.
- To change the default music and add your own, click on the ‘Scribe Music’ button (Y) in the toolbar. VideoScribe comes with a diverse music library of tracks for you to choose from or you can import your own with the import options (Z).
9. Adjust the timings and camera positions
- The timeline along the bottom of the edit screen shows you the order that your text and images will be drawn in your video. Just drag and drop the thumbnails if you want to change the order.
- You can even adjust the timings for any element using the 'Timeline Quick Menu'.
- If you want to change the section of canvas that is in view at any point in your Scribe, you can reset the camera positions.
10. Publish your scribe as a video
- Don’t forget to keep previewing and saving your Scribe whilst you customise it. When it’s finished, you can turn it into a video with the 'Download or Publish Scribe Video' icon (AA) in the toolbar.
- If you have a paid subscription, you can click the logo box (AB) to add your own logo as a watermark. The ‘Download Video’ icon (AC) will turn your Scribe into a video file and save it to your computer. You can choose the video format, name and where to save it.