Let's look at a few different ways to turn your scribe into a video (also known as publishing or rendering), including publishing to PowerPoint.
Step 1. Click the ‘Download or Publish Scribe Video’ icon. This is located in the top right-hand corner of your screen.
Step 2. Select your publishing option. There are three different ways you can publish your video.
TIP: Click any of the options below to see a more detailed view of the process.
- Option 1 Create a video file that will be saved locally on your computer. This option is available to paid subscription customers with limited features available for free trial users.
- Option 2 Publish to our website sho.co. This option is available to paid subscription customers only.
- Option 3. Publish to PowerPoint. This option is available to both paid subscription customers and free trial users.
Option 1 in detail...
Create a video file that will be saved locally on your computer.
Step 1. Click on ‘Download Video’.
Step 2. Choose the settings for the video you are creating:
- Format is the type of video file (Quicktime MOV is the default). The other video options are AVI and WMV. You can also choose to create either a JPG or PNG image sequence. The PNG option is created with a transparent background for use in other video editing software. Downloading in MP4 format is available for scribes published to Sho.co (see Option 2 ). Free Trial users are limited to Quicktime MOV or Windows WMV only.
WMV stands for Windows Media Video, this rendering format is not available on Mac Devices.
- Size is the resolution of your video. 360 is the lowest and our default size. 1080 (Full HD) is the highest resolution option. Free Trial users are limited to 360 and 640 resolution only.
- Frame Rate is the number of frames per second within the video. Free Trial users are limited to 15 and 20 FPS.
- Name your project.
- Choose the save location by clicking in this box to open an explorer window (Windows) or Finder window (Mac).
- Click the tick to proceed.
Step 3. You'll see a progress bar while your video is created.
Option 2 in detail...
Share online via Sho.co.
Step 1. Click on ‘Get Share Link or Embed Code’.
Step 2. Choose your privacy settings using the dropdown menu then click on the tick to finish.
You have 3 different privacy settings you can choose from:
- Private: Can only be viewed by you when you are logged into Sho.co with your Sparkol account
- Unlisted: Not searchable but you can share it with others using the shortcode link
- Public: Publicly searchable and available for anyone to view on Sho.co
Step 3. Sho.co will publish your video on our servers.
You'll receive an email when your video is ready to be viewed. You can copy the link to your video and embed code from here. Click ‘SEE VIDEO ONLINE’ to open the link provided in your default web browser, once publishing is complete your video will be displayed.
Remember, if you have published your video as private you'll need to be logged into Sho.co to view it.
Once uploaded, you can view your video in your web browser. If you're logged into Sho.co with the same Sparkol account that published the video you'll also see additional options, these include 'Download' which allows you to download in MP4 format by clicking on the ‘Select a format’ dropdown menu.
Find out more about this on our How to manage sho.co videos help page
Option 3 in detail...
Publish to Powerpoint
Step 1. Click on ‘Publish to Powerpoint’
Step 2. You'll see a progress bar while your video is created
Step 3. Save and open in Powerpoint
An explorer window will open (Windows) or a Finder window (Mac). Pick the location you would like to export your project. By default, the name will be set to match the name in VideoScribe but you can change this if you want then press save.
Powerpoint will open automatically, your video will be embedded in the first slide of a new project ready to play.