You can record a voiceover directly into your project using a microphone. You can also import a pre-recorded mp3 audio file.
Step 1. Select the voiceover button from the top toolbar (A) and click record (B) to record directly into VideoScribe.
- You can also import an externally created mp3 file into VideoScribe. The import icon (C) will open an explorer window (Windows) or a finder window (Mac).
- You can browse the folders on your computer and select the mp3 file you wish to use. The globe icon (D) allows you to import an mp3 file from a URL.
Step 2. Choose your microphone
- Use the dropdown menu (E) to list the options you have on your computer.
- Ensure 'Play scribe on record?' (F) is ticked so you can see your work as you record and then when you are ready to start recording click on the microphone (G).
- If you do not have a microphone connected you will see an error message. Please connect a microphone to your computer and start again from Step 1.
Step 3. Make the recording
- Recording will start after 3 seconds of pressing record and you will see your scribe in the preview window with the time below (H).
- If you make a mistake just click stop (I) and then the trash can to start again. When you are finished click the tick (J) and your voiceover will be processed and added to the project.
Step 4. Preview your scribe
- You can preview your scribe (K) to make sure you’re happy with the voiceover.
- The voiceover button (L) has turned blue to indicate it’s in use and clicking on this gives you some options.
Step 5. Play back and adjust volume
- You can play it back (M), adjust the volume with the slider (N) and delete and start again if you need to (O).
Hints and tips for voiceover creation
- We recommend recording your voiceover first and designing your scribe after. You can then talk at a natural pace to give your project a nice flow. The animate, pause and transition times on your visual elements mean you can then fit your images to your voiceover.
- The voiceover in VideoScribe is recorded in one take. You cannot pause mid recording or edit it after you have finished. If you are struggling with this record it externally using audio-editing software that will allow you to save in mp3 format.
- The voiceover will start from the first frame of your video. If you need it to start part way through or have gaps in the middle to perfect the timing you will need to add silences. This again can be done easily if you record your voiceover in an external audio-editing tool.
- You can only record one voiceover directly into VideoScribe. If you need more then you will need to combine these into one mp3 file in audio-editing software.