If you are having trouble resizing elements, or deselecting them in the timeline or on your canvas, you may be experiencing the effects of a bug.
NOTE: Our team of developers are aware of this issue and will provide an update as soon as a fix is available.
The things you may notice that would indicate you are being affected by this bug are:
- Mouse pointer gets stuck to the resize handles and the element continues to be resized after the mouse button has been released.
- When clicking on a blank part of the canvas to deselect elements, they remain selected in the timeline and cannot be deselected.
- Unable to move elements on the canvas.
There is a known bug on the Mac version of VideoScribe where functionality can be lost after using Ctrl+click.
- Ctrl+click is used to bring up the right-click menu and you should avoid using this command if you are experiencing loss of functionality.
- If you close VideoScribe and open it again and avoid using Ctrl+click, this issue should no longer occur.
- You can set your Apple mouse or trackpad to right click to avoid issues related to using the ctrl key.