Check out this article for top tips and techniques to plan and create great videos.
Let us walk you through the best practices for creating your project with VideoScribe. Full of tips and tricks, we’re here to make your life a little bit easier!
- Scripts and voice-overs
- Setting a theme
- Adding images
- Background music
- Top tips
It’s important to remember the advantages whiteboard animation has over other mediums and how you can use it to get your message across. Check out these blog posts on planning:
- 8 Steps to plan a killer explainer video - great for both newcomers and pros looking to refresh the basics, as it even contains a planning worksheet to get you started
- How to create animation magic - provides a helpful summary of the whole process that also covers the creation and sharing stages of the VideoScribe process
You could just throw some images on the canvas and see what sticks, but to keep your viewers engaged you need your animation to tell a story. Storyboarding is an important part of structuring your videos.
- How to storyboard an explainer video - shows you how to visualize your project and even contains a storyboard template for you to use
Scripts and voice-overs
We recommend starting your project here! This is the first part of the creation process and one of the most important pieces of content for your video. The voice-over will set the pace and tone for your project.
- The ultimate guide to video voice-overs - provides the answers to all your voice-over-related questions and will set you up for voice-over success
Setting a theme
Professional videos have a unified look and feel, and that can come down to choosing cohesive images, colors, and designs for your project.
- How to choose and set a theme for your VideoScribe video - shows that smart visual choices are key to getting your message across in as short a time as possible
We have over 12,000 hand-drawn images and GIFs available for use in our library and if those don’t do the trick, you can import your own images too.
- Top 5 sites for royalty-free and quality stock images - provides even more image options for your project
VideoScribe for Desktop provides you with a suite of music to select from but there are many other ways you can find the right sound to match the mood, tone, and vibe of your animation.
- Best Royalty Free & Stock Music Sites For Your Videos - provides the best places to find royalty-free music
And finally, to help bring your project to life and add a little bit of sparkle to your videos, we recommend you take a look at this article covering 5 tips to make professional-looking VideoScribe videos