This article will show you the different user preferences that are available in VideoScribe.
User preferences are accessed from the VideoScribe projects screen which is the first screen you see after logging in. Click on the cog icon in the bottom left corner (A).
From this window, you can amend the following settings to match your preferences.
(B) Language - use the drop-down menu to choose from English, Spanish and American English.
The scribe defaults can be adjusted using the plus and minus icons and also by clicking on the value and entering a new value in the box.
- (C) Transition Time - adjust the maximum transition time, in seconds, of elements added to the canvas. The transition time is the time it takes for the camera to move from the current element to the next. The maximum value for this setting is 60 seconds. The minimum is 0 seconds.
- (D) Pause Time - adjust the maximum pause time, in seconds, of elements added to the canvas. The pause time is the amount of time the camera stays on the current element after it has been drawn. The maximum value for this setting is 60 seconds. The minimum is 0 seconds.
- (E) Max Draw Time - adjust the maximum animate (Draw) time, in seconds, of elements added to the canvas. The animate (Draw) time is the amount of time the element will be drawn, moved, faded in or morphed. The maximum value for this setting is 60 seconds. The minimum is 0 seconds.
- (F) Image Quality - adjust the quality of bitmap images that are added to the canvas. See Improve image quality for instructions on how to use this feature.
There are also 2 checkboxes at the bottom.
- Check ‘View Extended Tooltips’ (G) to get more help when you hover your mouse over buttons.
- Check ‘Remember Timeline Bar Quick Menu State’ (H) so that VideoScribe will remember the options last selected when using the timeline quick menu.
When you have made adjustments to the settings, click the tick to confirm and return to the projects screen.