Accessing Finder to import or export media results in the VideoScribe application freezing.
- Importing audio, images and other media
- Publishing or saving your project locally
- Opening locally saved scribe projects
Options to avoid the bug:
- Downgrade macOS on your device to 12.0 (or below)
- Use another device running either macOS 12.0 (or below) or Windows
This issue affects all versions of VideoScribe when used on macOS 12.1 so upgrading the application will not fix this fault.
Options to minimise the occurrence of the bug:
If the above options are not available to you any steps you can take to avoid using a Finder window to access locally saved files will reduce the frequency of problems. Examples of this include:
- Save your projects to the online folder
- Use the inbuilt VideoScribe image library
- Use the inbuilt VideoScribe music library
- Record voiceovers directly in the application
- Publish your projects online to Sho.co (see option 2 of Publish and share scribes)