We’ve just released VideoScribe v3.8 and it’s now ready for you to download from your account page.
If you are upgrading from a version older than v3.7 please make sure you read all the release notes between your current version and v3.8 so you fully understand the changes.
We now officially support BigSur!
We’re excited to announce that we’ve squashed all the major bugs found in our extensive testing of VideoScribe on BigSur and can welcome users of this new OS to full support. As well as welcome, we’d like to thank you to the community of Big Sur customers for their patience and feedback in getting here.
- You can now migrate scribes (from v3.6 and earlier) to the new save system using v3.8.
- Pesky save bugs freezing the app or crashing it are now fixed.
Publishing your Videos
We’ve made a couple of changes to our publishing options on both Mac & Windows.
- Vimeo has now been removed from our publishing options- you can still locally publish your video and manually upload it to Vimeo
- Rendering to WMV on Mac has now been removed. WMV stands for Windows Media Video and is only available on Windows machines
Improvements to undo
We’ve added an extra action to the things undo covers and also fixed a couple of bugs.
- Undo will now also take effect on items deleted from the canvas
- We’ve fixed undo for resizing and rotate (redo still has problems, that’s next on the list to fix)
General performance and stability fixes
There are always lots of little improvements in every update to make the experience smoother, the most significant of these this time is...
- Migrating projects that contain corrupted font files to the new save system no longer results in the app hanging
- You can once again copy and paste between scribe projects
- Intermittent audio issues when rendering to sho.co has been fixed
Hope you like the sound of all these improvements! Here’s how you upgrade to v3.8…
If you’d like to upgrade to the latest release of VideoScribe, simply download and install it here. For detailed instructions on how to do this, please see the links below.