With a subscription, you can use VideoScribe on multiple devices but you are limited to one at a time.
When you log in you are presented with the error message ‘You are already logged in on a different device. Please wait for a few minutes, and try again.’
This error message will show because you already have an active session. There can be a number of reasons for this and we go through them below.
1 - You were using VideoScribe on another device and forgot to log off
- You need to make sure you close VideoScribe when you no longer need it, especially if you are planning to work from another computer later.
- To close VideoScribe, close the application window with the red cross button and then click the tick when asked if you want to close VideoScribe.
2 - VideoScribe has been force closed or crashed
- Where this happens, your session will not immediately expire. It will take 5 minutes of inactivity for your session to expire.
- We would recommend restarting your computer following a crash to be 100% sure any issues are cleared.
- Once that’s done have a short break from the screen, make yourself a drink and before you know it you’ll be back up and running.
3 - Someone else is using your account
- Have you shared your credentials with a friend, colleague or family member? Each account is personal and should only be used by the account holder (see section 8 of the terms and conditions).
- If options 1 and 2 aren’t helping then we would recommend you reset your password (even if you haven’t knowingly shared your account).
Still having problems?
- Get in touch with us by raising a ticket.
- Please include details of everything you have tried so far. This will help us understand what’s happening and ensure that we don’t ask you to repeat any steps unnecessarily.